Saturday 31 March 2012

Rucksana's March Favourites

March, the 3rd month of the lunar calendar and start of spring has come and gone..! We are now officially a third of the way through the year and edging ever so closer to the Olympics..!

Personally, march was pretty much s mixed bag for me..! I started the month on such s high, I met up with a gorgeous fellow blogger, was happy In my current job, got my old job back to start after Easter and went to a family wedding where I had a lovely time meeting up with family and then it ALL changed..!
I lost my job, which as I had managed to secure my old job back shouldnt bother me I hear you ask, but it was the way in which I was so callously told to go, that really upset me and had me in tears for days after..! But hey go, upwards and onwards and I'll be starting my new/old job once again, one where I know I'll be treated like an equal and know I'll enjoy very much so..!

In terms of makeup, this month I acquired many new products as you will have no doubt seen in my haul post and some of these products have made it into my march favourites..!

At the beginning of the month I attended a wedding where it was imperative I looked polished and my makeup lasted all day, I chose to wear a lot of my new purchases, but before the wedding I had tested to see of they would last the duration and only the where they brought out on that morning..! So without further ado, the products I was using during march..!!


Illamasqua Skin Base:
I acquired the Illamasqua Foundation, at the start of the month and pretty much used it non stop for about 3 weeks..! I got shade No. 10 and it is the perfect match my skin tone... the Foundation blends effortlessly and offers about medium coverage, but as it just seems to melt in to the skin, you are left with flawless yet  natural looking skin..! This lasts a good 8-10 hours, and is perfect for just an ordinary or even special occasions...!




I got the Face and Body, mid way through March and used this then replaced the skin base...! I got the shade c5 and again a perfect shade match for the NC35 skin...! Unlike the Skin Base, this is a very sheer foundation and doesn't offer alot of coverage, however due to the sheer nature of the foundation, it can be built to get more coverage..! what i really like about this foundation is that as it is water based, when it first goes onto the skin, it has a very cooling effect, like spritzing water on the face, and i personally love that feeling..!! Again i get about 8-10 hours wear from this foundation...!!



Sleek Shimmer Blush in Pomegranate, is my favourite blush of all time, and has been a staple in my makeup collection ever since i first purchased this back in 2010...!
Pomegranate, is a deep berry shaded blush, with a pink shimmer running through it. This blusher can look rather frightening at first glance, but please don't be put off. This is a universally flattering blush, it provides a beautiful flushed, colour to the cheeks, that looks incredibly natural. It reminds of that rosy glow you get when you have been out in the crisp bitter cold. I have pretty much used this, everyday for the last 2 years..!


Illamsqua's Morale Blusher, is very similar to Pomegranate, it has an almost identical base shade, that raspberry,which is very flattering...! Again like Pomegranate, it provides that rosy look to the cheeks, which looks so joyful and to me personally, beams happiness and contentedness with life..! I enjoyed using this blush  very much this month and am glad to have it in my possession...!!


Elf mineral booster in sheer, is my favourite powder of all time..I have been using this product for 3 years now and haven't deflected to anything else..! This is a finely milled powder, that offers the tiniest bit of coverage, so even if i am not wearing any makeup but need to leave i will dust this over my face to even out my skin..! I like that powder, doesn't leave my face looking flat, as it is a mineral powder..! 


Chanel Illusion d'ombre eye shadow in Illusoire, this is a beautiful purple toned eye shadow, with a very unusual texture, it is neither a cream nor a powder nor a mousse, but rather somewhere in between all of those..! It is incredibly shimmery.! This eye shadow has amazing staying power and is so easy to work with, it needs no primer and there is no threat of any fallout and blends like a dream..! Again this eye shadow works well for a work day or a special occasion and i have used for both purposes..! Illusoire is love in a pot..!


Illamasqua Static Pigment, has to be the the prettiest item of makeup i have ever owned...! This is a finely milled, pigment that can be used as an eye shadow on its own, on top of another eye shadow to add another dimension or as a cheek highlight, i have used as the latter for pretty the whole of march..! In the pan it just looks like a white glitter pretty simple..but concealed is a pink iridescence that i have never seen before..! It sparkles and gleams in the light and will make any makeup, boring neutral day makeup, or really smokey evening looks interesting...! 


Mac's Blacktrack fluidline, i have used this everyday since its purchase..! I love eyeliner and wouldn't be seen deadline without it..! After using the Maybelline until its demise, i went upmarket and got Blacktrack and what can i say, it is awesome..! It is opaque and densely pigmented, it glides on the eyelids without dragging and  sets, fairly quickly so there is no fear of smudging..! I also use this to line my water line and it lasts pretty much all day...!


Chanel Rouge coco in Gabrielle and Rouge Allure Velvet in L'exuberante...! The perfect lipsticks...! Gabrielle is semi matte and despite being a red, it is very low maintenance, as once it is on the lips it is staying on the lips...! It goes on pretty much opaque in one swipe..! It is very comfortable to wear..!

L'exuberante, is one of the Rouge Allure velvet's, and it completely matte,however it is very comfortable to wear and doesn't dry the lips out, like some matte lipsticks can do..! Again it is low maintenance as once this is on, it isn't budging..! I can get about 10 hours wear with this lipstick and that includes eating and drinking..! 


Loreal Rouge caress in Impulsive Fuchsia..! This is so pretty, it is a deep pink, with apparent blue undertones, it has the consistency of a lip balm, so perfect for people who don't like lipstick..! It is richly pigmented and goes on glossy, almost like a lipgloss..! however, after about an hour the glossiness wears off and it leaves behind, a very pretty magenta stain that lasts all day and doesn't transfer...!! What more can a girl ask for...!!

So there are my March favourite...! No doubt some of these products will be staying as firm favourites during the month of April, but maybe not...

R xxx


2 comments:

  1. You really need to blog more often Rukhs!

    Your reviews are incredibly informative! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Halima, thank you for your comment, walking in a beauty wonderland has moved home, we can now be found at

      walkinginabeautywonderland.wordpress.com

      so please come and join us for lots more regular blogging action :)

      Thanks

      R xxx

      Delete